Want some expert advice on pregnancy, labour and the early days of life with a newborn? We recap the instalments in our Ask our Midwife feature
Over the past few months we've been answering some of the most common questions parents-to-be have about pregnancy, labour and the early baby days.
Ranging from diet during pregnancy, to care and appointments, through to labour and breastfeeding, our Pregnacare in-house midwife Summaya has been giving her advice.
So here's a quick recap of all the posts we've asked our midwife about...
- Appointments during pregnancy: how many will I have, who will I see? Are second pregnancies different?
- What's a high-risk pregnancy, and what implications will it have on my antenatal care?
- A healthy diet during pregnancy; what should and shouldn't I eat? Is Stilton OK? What about runny eggs?
- Is is safe to exercise during pregnancy? Should I stick with my normal exercise routine? What are 'safe' pregnancy exercises?
- What types of pain relief are available during labour?
- The benefits of breastfeeding - what are they for both the baby and mum?
- How do I qualify to become a midwife?
Summaya also answered questions about childbirth in our post on tips on preparing for labour.
Are there any other questions you'd like to know the answers to? Leave a comment and let us know.