Modern slavery is a terrible crime and a morally reprehensible act that deprives a person's liberty and dignity for another person's gain. It is a real problem for millions of people around the world, including many in developed countries, who are being kept and exploited in various forms of slavery. Every company is at risk of being involved in this crime through its own operations and its supply chain.
At Vitabiotics Ltd, we believe all companies should have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery, and are fully committed to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our operation and supply chain. This statement sets out the actions that we have taken to understand all potential modern slavery risks related to our business, and to implement steps to prevent slavery and human trafficking.
- Vitabiotics Ltd has manufactured innovative health care products for over 45 years; a British company committed to human health and research.
- The Company is principally engaged in the innovation, manufacture, marketing and distribution of the multivitamin supplements, research-based nutraceutical products, cosmetic and grooming products, pharmaceutical products and functional drinks.
- It is headquartered in London, England.
Our supplier selection and on-boarding procedure includes due diligence of the supplier's reputation, respect for the law, compliance with QC standards, safety and regulatory requirements.
We have not at any time been made aware of any allegations of human trafficking/slavery activities against any of our suppliers.
We undertake that if this were to occur, then we would act immediately against the supplier and officially report the matter immediately to the relevant authorities.
The Directors conducted a review of the company and its suppliers and did not find any specific risk
- anywhere in their supply chains;
- in any part of their own business
As a result,oursupplierquestionnairefor raw materials has been updatedtospecificallyinclude a clauseto establish the supplier’sown policy and zero tolerance for human trafficking and modern slavery. THIS CHECK IS ALSO ADDED TO TECHNICAL AGREEMENTS AND ANY NEW CONTRACT MANUFACTURER SUPPLY AGREEMENTS.
The Company operates the following policies in our operations:
- Whistleblowing Policy - we encourage all employees, customers and suppliers to report any suspicion of slavery or human trafficking without fear of reprieve
- Code of Conduct - our code encourages employees to do the right thing by clearly stating the actions and behaviour expected of them when representing the We strive to maintain the highest standards of employee conduct and ethical behaviour when operating abroad and managing our supply chain.
- Anti-Bribery Policy: It is the policy of Vitabiotics to conduct all of its business in an honest and ethical manner. We take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships.
This policy document was approved in the board meeting conducted on 11th of September. It will also be regularly reviewed and updated by the Board of Directors and signed by Robert Taylor, Senior Vice President on 1st May 2019.
We have completed a risk assessment for COVID-19 and have shared the results with our workforce. Our COVID Secure certificates are displayed in the workplace.