The Basics Of Magnesium
Magnesium is an essential mineral, important for a number of biological processes in the body. Magnesium can help with the reduction of tiredness & fatigue, contributes to the maintenance of normal bones & teeth, contributes to normal protein synthesis & electrolyte balance in our bodies and contributes to normal psychological function.
Quick Facts About Magnesium
- Magnesium is used in over 300 biochemical reactions within the body.
- Magnesium is the second most abundant mineral stored in our body’s tissue after calcium.
- There are a number of foods that can provide us with varying amounts of magnesium, and many of these foods are vegetarian and vegan friendly too.
- Magnesium is found in all green plants as well as foods such as dark chocolate through to chickpeas and almonds.
- The British Nutrition Foundation (BNF) claims that magnesium intakes determined as being ‘too low’, are actually common in the UK.
About Magnesium Levels
In the UK, The Department of Health and Social Care advises women aged 19-64 to consume 270 milligrams (mg) of magnesium a day whilst men aged 19-64 are advised to consume 300mg. Although many experts believe there are times when higher levels of magnesium can be beneficial.
(Last Modified 24/05/2021)
Your Questions About Magnesium
Do you have a question about magnesium? Leave a comment below and we will answer it in this guide.
Q. How Does Magnesium Help With Energy?
A. Magnesium is used in many biochemical reactions within the body, and one of the key ones is converting the foods we eat into energy. Magnesium then helps deliver this
energy to cells, so naturally, a lack of magnesium could leave you feeling fatigued and/or tired.
Q. How Does Magnesium Help With Bones?
A. An important role of magnesium is that it contributes to the maintenance of normal bones. Working closely with calcium, it ensures calcium is taken from the bloodstream, into the bones.
Our Magnesium Products
Ultra Magnesium - Ultra Magnesium gives you just the right amount of high-quality magnesium to safeguard your dietary intake.
Wellman Energy - Wellman Energy is an advanced energy release formula, designed to support your daily performance levels on those days when you need that extra nutritional boost.
Wellwoman Energy - Feeling tired? This gives you essential nutrients, including magnesium, vitamin B6, vitamin B1 & iron which contribute to normal energy release, plus natural Guarana on-the-go.
Wellkid Calcium Liquid - With calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin D, Wellkid Calcium Liquid is a delicious way to support your child’s growing bones.
Osteocare Original - Contains calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and zinc which contribute to the maintenance of normal bones.