For over 40 years Vitabiotics has been pioneering developments and innovation in vitamin and mineral supplements. With a mission of
‘Empowering people to improve their health through innovation in nutritional health care’ we have created a leading portfolio of trusted, effective brands
Progress through the years
- Vitabiotics was founded in 1971 by Dr Kartar Lalvani OBE.
- The first product launched was Oralcer, the patented and licensed mouth ulcer treatment.
- Launched Omega-H3 the first true comprehensive multivitamin. Even today it is still the No.1 selling nutritional supplement in many countries around the world.
- The Company established international manufacturing facilities and invested in research that paved the way for brands such as for Pregnacare, Osteocare and Menopace.
- Other brand launches: Feroglobin B12 liquid and capsules, Perfectil and Immunace.
- Professor Arnold Beckett OBE appointed Chairman (click here for more information)
- Brand launches included Diabetone, Wellman, Wellwoman, Visionace, Cardioace and Jointace.
- National UK distribution acquired in key retailers such as Boots, Superdrug, Tesco and Sainsburys.
- Acquisition of regional Merck & Co facilities.
- 1996 Vitabiotics celebrated its 25th anniversary at the House of Commons.
- UK market data confirmed Pregnacare, Menopace, Perfectil and Osteocare are all No1 in their category.
- Vitabiotics presence extended to over 65 countries worldwide.
- New brand launches: Wellwoman, Neurozan, Dietrim, Wellkid, Wellteen, Tricologic, Immunace and Liverel .
- Launch of vitabiotics.com as an integrated e-commerce site.
- 2000 Vitabiotics acknowleged with DTI (Department of Trade & Industry) Export Award in 2000 for outstanding achievement in export.
- 2001 Vitabiotics won BT vision 100 Award, as one of the UK's top 100 Most Visionary Companies.
- 2002-2005 Vitabiotics awarded Vitamin Supplier of the Year for four years running by Boots, Europe's largest pharmacy chain.
- 2003 Vitabiotics won the prestigious Queen's Award for International Trade.
- 2004 DTI Innovation Award, in recognition of the Immunace trial in HIV patients conducted by the London School of Tropical Medicine.
- 2008 awarded the Queen's Award for International trade for the second time.
- 2008 Ernst and Young awarded Dr Lalvani the accolade of Entrepreneur of the year.
- 2009 Boots awarded Vitabiotics Supplier of the Year in recognition of 99.9% supply chain delivery record putting Vitabiotics ahead of all other suppliers, in all other categories at Boots.
- 2009 JP Morgan, Family Business Award recognised the success of our family owned company.
- Acquisition of Sandoz Asia manufacturing facilities.
- Vitabiotics became the UK's second largest branded multivitamin manufacturer.
- Export activity extended to over 100 countries.
- 2011 Vitabiotics celebrated its 40th anniversary.
- Launched licensed traditional herbal medicine range e.g. Echinacea and Valerian.
- Launch of Wellman Skin Technology topical skincare range, developed using ARMS (Advanced Research in Mens Skincare).
- 2013 TiE awarded Tej Lalvani the accolade of Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
- April 2013 Vitabiotics is very proud to become the first British company to receive the Queen's Award for Innovation in vitamin research.
- 2013 Vitabiotics becomes the UK's No.1 vitamin supplement company (source: IRI value sales 52 w/e 20 April 2013).
- 2013 awarded Boots Overall Supplier of the Year in all categories.
- 2014 Vitabiotics Founder and Chairman, Dr Kartar Lalvani OBE, is awarded the honour of a Professorship from France's leading centre of dermatological excellence, CERT, University of Franche Comté (part of one of Europe's oldest 900 year old medical institutes at St Jacques, Besançon), awarded for ground breaking Perfectil skin research.
- 2018 Vitabiotics is awarded its fourth Queen’s Award for Enterprise and the prestigious Innovation award for the second time (the only vitamin company to ever receive this).
- 2018 Vitabiotics is announced as a major supporter of the forthcoming Medicines Galleries at the Science Museum, supporting the 'Body's Building Blocks’ section, due to open Autumn 2019
With continued dedication to pioneering innovation and excellence in nutritional support, our journey continues, and we look forward to the next 40 years