Perfectil - the UK’s No. 1 beauty supplement brand sits down with Perfectil Expert Beauty Panellist and celebrity makeup artist, Jacinta Spencer to learn her top tips and tricks for glowing skin regardless of your skin type.
My most requested makeup look for my clients, whether for the red carpet, a photoshoot, or performing on stage, is that they want their skin to glow. I love to use amazing radiant makeup products, but glowing skin comes from good skincare and treating skin from the inside out.
Radiant skin is healthy skin, and here are my tips and tricks to achieve glowing skin regardless of skin type.
Skincare for Glowing Skin
I always start my skincare routine off with double cleansing! I can promise you one cleanse isn’t enough to remove all makeup and dirt from your skin. The type of cleanser you should use depends on your skin type.
A BHA or AHA toner 1-3 times a week is all the exfoliation your skin needs to remove dead skin cells and help renew skin. They are also effective in reducing visible signs of sun damage and wrinkles. With regular use, they will also minimise texture and blemishes. Less dead skin cells mean more radiant skin! BONUS.
HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE! A good moisturiser is what’s going to keep your skin looking glowy and radiant all day. Moisturisers help protect the skin's barrier, retain moisture and improve elasticity. Don’t forget to look for one with SPF to get the bonus of protecting the skin from UV damage, too.
Vitamins for Healthy Skin
Support your skin from within with Perfectil Skin supplements. They contain biotin and zinc which help support normal skin as well as other specialist nutrients. I love the Collagen drinks as well, they are convenient, taste amazing, and are luxe. It’s like a treat for my skin.
Daily Skin Care Routine for Glowing Skin According to Your Skin Type
Glowing routine for Dry Skin….
- Start with a cleansing balm to break down makeup and dirt. Then, cleanse again with a hydrating cream cleanser. The skin shouldn’t feel tight or squeaky with your cleansing products. It should feel hydrated and soft.
- A fruit enzyme toner or mask will exfoliate and won't dry to strip the skin.
- A nice rich moisturiser with SPF to keep skin hydrated and the skin barrier protected, which is key to glowing skin. Perfectil Skin supplements support your skin from within, they include zinc to help maintain normal skin.
- Don’t forget Perfectil Collagen Skin drinks for extra support - they provide a premium blend of 7000mg scientifically researched Peptan® Marine Collagen peptides. Each drink includes biotin to help support normal healthy skin, and also contain Hyaluronic Acid and CoQ10.
Glowing routine for Oily Skin….
- Cleansing balm (I know, but trust me) to break down makeup and dirt on the skin, followed by a gel cleanser or one with Salicylic acid if you are prone to breakouts.
- AHA or BHA toners will be your best friend! They get rid of excess oil but won’t dry your skin out.
- If you are super oily, an oil-free moisturiser is what you need. If you don’t mind a bit of oil, look for a light moisturiser rather than a rich one.
- Even with oily skin, it’s important to support your skin from within with a supplement like Perfectil Skin, which contains biotin to help maintain normal skin. It also contains Vitamin C, which contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of skin.
Glowing routine for Combination Skin…
- Double cleanse using a cleansing balm to break down makeup and dirt. Then, cleanse again with a cleanser of your choice. Remember, the skin should feel tight or dry after cleansing.
- A good exfoliating BHA toner to balance skin and help any oily patches.
- Finish with a moisturiser of choice with SPF so you are protected all day.
- I also love Perfectil’s Collagen Skin drinks, which are also optimised to support skin. They contain biotin and zinc, which support normal skin, as well as other specialist nutrients. They are really convenient, and easy to incorporate into my daily routine.
If you’d like to find out more about Spencer’s beauty secrets, read this blog post: https://www.vitabiotics.com/blogs/women/celebrity-makeup-artist-jacinta-spencer-shares-her-beauty-secrets