Are you experiencing a twin pregnancy, about to give birth or a new mum of two?
Pregnant...but with twins? Although your early pregnancy symptoms might be more pronounced when you're expecting twins, but for most mums it's a total surprise and shock when they find out.
TalkMum blogger Fran from The Parent Social found out she was expecting twins second-time-round (read her posts on 14 tips for parents expecting multiples and things you're likely to hear as a parent of twins).
So what can you expect from a twin pregnancy? Here are all posts Fran has written for us about twins, twin pregnancy and the early days of being a twin mum:
- The schedule of appointments and medical care during a twin pregnancy can be different from those in a singleton pregnancy. Read about what to expect in our post on antenatal care when you're pregnant with twins.
- It's usual that twin pregnancies may be considered as high risk (also read our midwife tips on everything from pregnancy health through to pain relief in labour)
- And what about when it comes to giving birth? Read about Fran's natural delivery of twins and how twins don't automatically mean a c-section
- She also wrote about how giving birth to twins was easier than a difficult first labour
- Sleep and newborns is tricky enough with one baby, but what about sleep and twins? How do you cope with two babies awake at once?
If you're expecting twins, make sure you also head on over to TAMBA, the Twins and Multiple Birth Association.