Becoming a mother is a life changing experience; but how different is your life once you have children? Here TalkMum blogger Cath takes a tongue in cheek look at her life before compared with her life now. How many of these can you relate to?
A night out
- Pre baby – Long soaks in the bath and spending all afternoon getting ready for a night out
- Post baby – On the rare occasion that we do get a night out it is five minutes in the shower, five minutes (if I’m lucky!!) to get dressed and make up applied in the car on our way out
- Pre baby – I love shoes and always wore heels, I wouldn’t dream of ever leaving the house without a pair of heels on
- Post baby – The heels were quickly swapped for canvas pumps in summer and a pair of flat boots in winter. These are far more practical for pushing a buggy or chasing after toddlers and much cheaper too!
- Pre baby – I was a career woman and had a wardrobe to match with lots of smart suits, dresses and tailored clothes. Weekends saw me in the latest fashions with co-ordinating accessories
- Post baby – I have found that I have adopted the “unofficial Mum’s uniform” of jeans or leggings and a baggy sweatshirt or top. There is no longer any thought put into my outfits, other than to check it’s clean!
- Pre baby – My ipod was full of the latest chart music and in the car I listened to the radio or CD's.
- Post baby – Nursery Rhymes and Children’s songs have replaced chart music and I now know every verse there is of She Be Coming Round the Mountain, There was an Old Woman who Swallowed a Fly and other obscure songs
- Pre baby – I was a real book worm and always had a book on the go.
- Post baby – Whilst I still read every day, it is a bedtime story to the boys, and the nearest I get to chick lit these days is a story about a chicken on a farm!
Cath is an accountant, blogger and proud mother of two sons aged 6 and 10. She knows her stuff when it comes to having children – as you can see by reading her personal blog here.