We've been celebrating birth month on TalkMum, looking at the very different birth stories of all our bloggers, talking about everything you need to know about labour and delivery, and answering those all-important questions - such as just what exactly should you wear to give birth in?
It's been a busy few weeks that saw the arrival of the newest member of the Royal Family, Prince George. Congratulations to the new Royal parents, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Here's all the posts from this month:
- Cath wrote about what you should include in your birth plan, and the different types of pain relief options that are available
- Fran had a natural delivery with her twin daughters, and wrote about how this compared to the more difficult birth of her first daughter
- Chloe talked about her son's arrival, and what to do when your birth plan doesn't go to plan. Make sure you read her fantastic description of waters breaking (lemonade, anyone?)
- How an emergency c-section doesn't mean you have to panic; read about the safe arrival of Eleanor's daughter
- Fozia's two completely different births, but two beautiful daughters
- Read about what happens during a planned induction, as I discovered during my daughter's birth
- Once you've given birth, how do you recover - safely and sensibly? Check out Kathryn's tips.
- And of course, the answers to those all-important questions...here's our guide to what to wear during labour, and lots of bloggers sent us their suggestions for hospital bag essentials.
We'll have some summer-themed posts over the next few weeks, so check back soon! And make sure you catch-up with the personal blogs of all our TalkMum bloggers, and follow our new TalkMum Pinterest account.
If you gave birth this month, we'd love to hear from you! Do let us know.