With another heatwave predicted for the next few days, how do you make sure your little ones are cool and you're chilled out when the temperature rises? Here are some top tips for the warm weather from Suze and Kathleen of The Neo Practice.
We all know about the joys of paddling pools, but what other simple and easy ways can keep your little ones cool in the hot weather, especially when you are out and about?
Here's our five easy tips for keeping babies and children cool while on the go.
Hint; it’s all about water!
- Carry a damp flannel with you to wipe on your child’s face, back of the neck, and inner wrist area – these target areas can make you feel cooler very quickly
- Carry a water spray - or try the DIY version: tip water into your hand and flick it over your child - they will love joining in on this one!
- Put a damp muslin over the top of your baby’s buggy – the water will cool the air nearby as you walk
- Dampen your child’s hat – as your child moves around, the air movement will cool the hat and their head
- Put a chilled or frozen water bottle inside a sealed plastic bag at your child’s feet in the buggy – it will keep the buggy feeling cooler and you can drink the icy water as it defrosts
The Neo Practice offers expert advice to parents of babies and toddlers, with early days support, one-to-one expert advice, antenatal and parenting courses as well as corporate workshops to support working parents. It was set up by mums Suze and Kath in 2012 - find out more at www.theneopractice.com/ and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheNeoPractice.
[This element could be added only to article page]